The leading destination for short-form mobile videos, TikTok has collaborated with airasia grocer and launched five new destination-inspired recipe packs that allow Malaysians to #MakanAngin.
These packs are called TikTok Value Packs invite Malaysians to indulge in our love of food and to try our hand at cooking and making these signature dishes. With the borders closed, Malaysians can tap into the wanderlust feeling by making these dishes that are famous in Thailand, Korea, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Malaysia.
The TikTok Value Packs come in 2-person portions and are packed with pre-portioned fresh produce and ingredients to make these dishes:
- Thailand: Add some spice to your life with the Sawak-Dee TikTok Value Pack and cook up some Tom Yum Goong to share.
- Korea: Say hello to Oppa’s TikTok Value Pack and mix up a hearty bowl of Bibimbap for two.
- Indonesia: The Rasa-Indo TikTok Value Pack lets you make Nasi Goreng that would put even the strictest critics at ease.
- Philippines: Impress your fellow diners by making Chicken Adobo with the Pinoy TikTok Value Pack.
- Malaysia: Enjoy the flavours of home and cook homemade Nasi Lemak with the Jom-Makan TikTok Value Pack.
“TikTok has brought inspiration and joy to people around the world; and during the ongoing pandemic, have birthed many at-home chefs who are eager to share recipes and hop on food trends such as Dalgona Coffee and Feta Pasta. With these Value Packs, we are making it easier than ever for aspiring cooks to whet their appetite for travel and food at one go and try their hands at making the dishes we love and miss,” said Yin Yin Hooi, Head of Marketing for TikTok Malaysia.
Additionally, between now to 18 December 2021, TikTok Malaysia are encouraging users to share their love of food based on the destination they want to visit. To join this contest, users just have to share how they can best whip up a dish with the ingredients available in the pack and hashtag #MakanAngin. The top video uploaded to the #MakanAngin hashtag will stand a chance to win a pair of return AirAsia flights to any destinations* in Malaysia.