Remember those good ol’ times when the Milo truck would come to our schools when we were in Primary? Oh, the hot, sunny days where we would literally queue up multiple times a day just to get a sip of this kaw Milo beverage.
After browsing the net, we finally stumbled across a recipe that makes the perfect Milo. Pssst, apparently the Milo trucks beverage’s secret ingredient was using a mixture of hot and cold water.
- 2 tsp condensed milk
- 2 tsp evaporated milk
- 2 heaped tbsp Milo powder
- 175ml cup hot water
- Special equipment: Bubble tea shaker
1. Put the condensed milk, evaporated milk and Milo powder in a cup.
2. Add hot water, stirring briskly as you pour.
3. Add ice as needed.
4. Pour mixture into bubble tea shaker and shake for 3 minutes.
5. Serve in small paper cups over ice
6. Optional: refrigerate the drink for 1 hour before shaking and serving over ice
The basic components may be tweaked to taste for sweetness and milkiness, but using a shaker allows the beverage to swiftly chill the drink and create a wonderfully frothy texture. Simply serve it in a paper cup and that’s all you need to bring back the good ol’ days.