The Mooncake Festival is one of the most important Chinese holidays in Malaysia. This event, which takes place in late September or early October, is also known as the mid-autumn festival. The mooncake festival is a happy occasion marked by family, mooncakes, parades, and lanterns.
Usually, Malaysians look forward to the festival to celebrate with their family that will be on Tuesday, September 21st this year. However, with how things are going with the pandemic, it’s going to be tough to visit temples, burn lanterns alongside family and friends as well as participating in celebratory festivities.
Thean Hou temple in Kuala Lumpur is one of the temples that Malaysians frequently visit during the festival. People recite prayers in the temple, which is adorned with lights on roughly six floors. Many visitors also come to Penang, where the event is celebrated with zeal and performances.
That said, this year, Hilton Kuala Lumpur welcomes the Mid-Autumn Festival with a revitalised celestial spirit of cultural traditions. Seasons change, flavours evolve, and quality time together are a luxury. With social gatherings on hold, those timeless rituals take on a new form this year.
For families near and far, the Jade Moon gift box is an invitation to make this year’s festivities an occasion to remember.
This 2-tiered mint-green round box is a celebration of modern tastes while paying homage to the moon’s reflection in a prestigious shade of jade – a symbol of wealth, peace, and prosperity revered in the Chinese community. It includes an opulent ceramic tea set and Chynna’s Signature Eight Treasures Tea with your choice of Hilton’s traditional baked or snow skin mooncakes.
The box features a gold hot stamping of the Hilton brand and has a brown faux leather grip with a bamboo-inspired lid. The box is entirely lined on the inside with velvet fabric to protect the quality items.
A Chynna 2021 special
This exquisite Royal Jade mooncake is the shining feature of this year’s distinctive snow skin mooncake (RM38). The name is derived from the mint-green hue of the mooncake, which evokes a dignified atmosphere reminiscent of the green jade worn by imperial court officials.
A bite into the mooncake’s centre, a silky combination of white lotus paste and salted mung bean filling, provides a pleasant contrast to its sweet, crunchy cashew nut nibs. This mooncake is a delectable creation that you should share with your nearest and dearest.
A more traditional take
Enjoy moon-gazing with their array of mouth-watering halal-baked mooncakes, a ritual best paired with cups of hot Chinese tea.
- Baked White Lotus Paste – RM35 nett
- Baked Lotus Paste with Single Yolk – RM35 nett
- Baked Pandan Paste with Single Yolk – RM35 nett
- Baked Red Bean Paste with Almond Flakes – RM35 nett
- Baked Green Tea Lotus – RM35 nett
- Baked White Lotus Paste with Single Yolk – RM38 nett
- Baked Black Sesame Lotus with Single Yolk – RM38 nett
- Traditional-Style Baked with Five Nuts – RM38 nett
Hilton’s renowned snow skin flavours are making a comeback for a limited time this year.
- Blue Moon – Snow Skin Amaretto Lotus Paste with Blueberry Cheese Feuillantine (Contains Alcohol) – RM35 nett
- Flower Drum – Snow Skin Lotus Paste with Soft Custard Egg Yolk – RM35 nett
- Heavenly Gold – Snow Skin with Pure Premium Musang King Durian – RM56 nett
- Jade Moon Traditional Baked – RM268
- Jade Moon Snow Skin – RM278
- Jade Moon Heavenly Gold Package – RM328
- Oriental Treasures Traditional Baked – RM138
- Oriental Treasures Snow Skin- RM148
- Oriental Treasures Heavenly Gold Package – RM288
Available for purchase at the hotel lobby or online at www.takeus-home.com/hilton-kl from 16 July until 26 September 2021. Limited units available, pre-order the Jade Moon box today.