Most mukims in Selangor’s eight districts and some localities in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur (WPKL) are subject to the Enhanced Movement Control Order (PKPD) for 14 days beginning tomorrow, July 3.
It comes after the Ministry of Health (MOH) discovered a high inclination of Covid-19 cases, within Selangor reporting an average of 1,800 to 1,900 cases, while WPKL had 600 to 1,000 cases.
Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, Senior Minister (Security), said the latest order will be in place until July 16, with all roads in the area restricted and supervised by the Royal Malaysian Police.
As reported by The Star, the Senior Minister stated, “R-naught in both states are still around 1.0, and do not show a downward trend. This is a worrying situation given we take into account the density of residents and spread of three new variants which is much more dangerous.”
In terms of the SOP, here’s the full list:
1. Interstate and interdistrict travelling for your Covid-19 vaccination appointments are allowed with the evidence via your MySejahtera or SMS.
2. Public transport activities and services are allowed to operate as usual with 50% capacity.
3. Only two people allowed in taxis and e-hailing including the driver.
4. Only essential service sectors are allowed to operate from 8 am to 8 pm.
5. Only factories involved in the food production of basic daily necessities including medications and face masks are allowed to operate.
6. Workers in essential services of those who need to carry out official Government duties will need a confirmation letter from the employer or a valid employee pass.
7. Employees other than essential services are not allowed out of the EMCO area and cannot work throughout the period of EMCO.
8. Restaurants, shops, food stalls, hawkers and whatnot are allowed to operate from 8 am to 8 pm.
9. Food take away, drive-thru or delivery is allowed.
10. Grocery stores, convenience stores, daily necessities stores are allowed to operate from 8 am to 8 pm.
11. Hospitals, clinics and medical labs are allowed to operate up to 24 hours according to their license.
12. Pharmacies, drug stores, animal clinics, pet food stores are allowed to operate from 8 am to 8 pm.
13. Petrol stations will be operating from 6 am to 8 pm except for those on the highways which can operate for 24 hours.
14. Wholesale markets are allowed to operate from 12 am to 6 am.
15. Public markets and MyFarm Outlets are allowed to operate from 6 am to 2 pm.
16. All sports, social, recreational and cultural activities are not allowed.
The localities in Kuala Lumpur are:
PPR Batu Muda, Batu
PPR Sri Semarak
Flat Seksyen 2, Wangsa Maju
Flat Seksyen 1, Wangsa Maju
Kg Padang Balang
Taman Koperasi Polis (Phase 1 and 2)
Flat Sri Sabah
PPR Kg Baru Air Panas, Setiawangsa
Flat Desa Pandan (termasuk Baiduri & Delima), Titiwangsa
Kg. Batu Muda, Batu
PPR Kerinchi, Lembah Pantai
Tmn Ikan Emas
Bandar Baru Sentul
The mukim in Selangor and affected areas are as follows:
d. Hulu Kelang
c. Sg. Buloh
d. Bukit Raja
f. Hulu Langat
a. Tanjung 12 (1)
b. Tanjung 12 (2)
c. Teluk Panglima Garang
b. Bestari Jaya
c. Ulu Yam
Pictures by The Star, The Edge, Selangor Journal, NST, Bernama & Malay Mail