Wake up! It’s already October! Special thanks to Green Day for reminding us to wake up when September ends and giving us a warning that it’s only three more months until it’s the year of 2019. Time sure does flies very fast now, doesn’t it?
Though October is the synonym to the month of spooky, here are some of the interesting facts that you need to know about this amazing month!
1. October, the tenth month of the current Gregorian calendar and the second month of Autumn, derives its name from octo, the Latin word meaning eight as October was the eighth month of the old Roman calendar.
2. The traditional birthstone amulets of October are opal, rose sapphire, and tourmaline.
Image by: DanielGraetzer Photography
3. Germany’s Oktoberfest originally began on October 17, 1810, the wedding day of King Ludwig I.
4. Hawaii has a special October event called “the Aloha Festival”, sometimes described as the “Mardi Gras of the Pacific.”
5. The famous childhood book Winnie the Pooh, by A.A. Milne, was first published.
6. October 2001, is when Grand Theft Auto III was released, creating a genre of open-world, action-adventure video games as well as spurring controversy around violence in new video games.
7. 1492 is the year that Christopher Columbus discovered Cuba.
8. Creepily enough on October 31st, 1926 is when magician Harry Houdini died of gangrene and peritonitis that developed after his appendix ruptured.
9. American Horror Story first premiered in October 2011.
Since it’s horror-ween month, grab your favourite costume and head down to Lost World of Tambun (LWOT) for an unforgettable spooky spine-chilling adventure! With Zombie Outbreak as the theme this year, Lost World Of Tambun is ready to have its visitors indulging into a park filled with zombies!
From 1st October to 31st October 2018, an array of eerie and fun-filled activities such as Z Corner, Shoot the Zombie, Spooky Stories: Zombie Outbreak, all-time favourite Trick or Treat and many more will be waiting for reveller of all ages throughout the month.