It is important to choose a healthy and nutritious sahur that lasts. This Ramadan, look no further than Quaker Oats, the World’s #1 Oats Brand* for a fast, convenient and nutrient-packed option that helps keep you fuller for longer – just one serving of 40g helps keep you full for up to 4 hours!
Oats are a nutritious and versatile Super Grain, supplying many nutrients which are beneficial for health. To maintain its nutritional value, Quaker Oats uses whole grains: this includes the oat bran, which is high in Beta-Glucan and B vitamins; oat endosperm, rich in carbohydrates and protein; and oat germ which is also high in B vitamins, vitamin E, minerals and phytochemicals.
“At Quaker, we believe that ‘Good Days Start with Quaker’ as breakfast is the most important meal of the day,” said Alexia Horley, General Manager, PepsiCo Singapore, Malaysia, Mongolia, Brunei, Guam and Asia Pacific Islands. “This is especially true during Ramadan as we recognise that rising earlier for sahur and getting out the door on time for school and work can make it particularly difficult to put together a healthy and wholesome meal. As Quaker Oatshelps to fuel your day and keep you feeling fuller for longer, this Ramadan, Quaker Oats introduces recipes for nutritious sahur meals as well as festive treats with Malaysian celebrity chef Anis Nabilah.”
Here are some beneficial info you need to know about oats, the super grain!
- Oats are high in fibre, coming from whole grain, which contains all 3 parts (Bran, Endosperm, and germ). Benefits: Maintains digestive health.
- Oats are an important source of soluble fibre, beta-glucan, which helps to lower cholesterol. Benefits: Helps reduce the level of blood cholesterol.
- Every bowl of oats (40g) is filling and provides lasting energy. Benefit: Oat soluble fibre may help slow digestion and the release of glucose into the bloodstream, providing a slower supply of energy.
- It is a good source of protein, with higher levels compared to most cereals. Benefit: Helps build and maintain body tissues.
- It is a good source of vitamins and minerals. Benefit: General health and wellness.
Fans can win passes to a special session with celebrity chef Anis Nabilah by joining the Oatsome Recipes with Quaker Contest! Just purchase one Quaker Multigrain Cereal 400g, ‘Like’ the Quaker Malaysia Facebook page, and write a comment on why Quaker Multigrain Cereal is the perfect match as a cookie ingredient. A total of 15 lucky winners will enjoy an exclusive private baking workshop and High Tea with celebrity chef Anis Nabilah, while 150 consolation winners will receive Quaker Oats products worth RM50!