A large majority of Malaysians work in the private sector, where a penchant is not an option for a retirement plan, heck even if you are a civil servant, having a penchant may not be enough during your retirement days. This is why retirement plans like Maybank’s Smart Retirement Xtra.
Just what is it?
Smart Retirement Xtra is a retirement plan that pays you for a fixed 10 years after your retirement to cater to your retirement needs. At the same time, you get to enjoy the new tax relief of up to RM3,000 until year assessment of 2021.
Why do I need it?
Because your active lifestyle should not change just because your EPF is insufficient to support you. On average, contributors only have RM130,833 at the age of 55. With increasing life expectancy and medical cost, your EPF will not be able to support your golden years. * Source: EPF 2011 Annual report.
What do I get out of it?
You secure yourself a retirement plan with Guaranteed Cash Payouts of 10.5% per annum of the total contractual premium, and extra savings from the tax relief!
• Plan your retirement without the hassle of going for medical check-up
Guaranteed Cash Payouts
• Enjoy 10 years of guaranteed cash payouts of 10.5% per annum of the total contractual premium
• Enjoy RM10,000 coverage of Death or Total and Permanent Disability
Special Tax Relief up to RM3,000
• Enjoy tax relief of up to RM3,000 yearly for the annuity premiums paid until year of assessment 2021.
Flexibility to reinvest
• You can opt to receive annual cash payouts or reinvest to increase your returns
• At the end of the policy tenure, you will receive the total Account Value (if any)
– Any Malaysians age 30 to 50, residing in Malaysia, Brunei or Singapore, or a Permanent Resident of Malaysia residing in Malaysia.